At the beginning of this week when Derek and I got Dexter back, I wanted to do something fun with him but not too overbearing for me. I missed planning and doing activities with my little buddy. So, I thought what a better way to start the week than by finger painting! I had been trying to introduce Dex to the glorious mess of finger painting for awhile. So far, it has been a disaster. He doesn't really like anything sticky or gooey on his hands. He freaks out! However, this time we tried it, he gave in. He LOVED it! He made some beautiful art work for his sisters crib side. He was more interested in putting his fingers in the paint, rather than actually using his fingers to paint on the paper. He made the best mess and since I was a week out of my C-section, Derek so kindly offered to clean up Dex and his mess.
I was so glad I got the dollar store finger paints in these little containers. I didn't want to buy the big tubs of finger paint because I speculated that Dex would mix all the colors together. By the end of the finger painting extravaganza, all the little containers were a gross color of brown or on the verge of black.
After the finger painting, Derek took Dex in the shower with him. Sometimes a shower is the easiest way to clean these toddlers, when you get messy from cleaning up their mess. Well, Dexter did not like it! Probably because he had so much fun the week before in Grandma Debbie's bathtub. So, the shower turned into Dex and Derek taking a bath. It was so funny seeing Derek in there, because our bathtub is on the small size. Derek froze for 30 minutes from half of his body in the water, while he played with Dex. It was quality man time well spent and I gave Derek the honorary award of, "Dad of the Year" for this sacrifice. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.